Wednesday 25 January 2012

Comeback ride

Well after 3 weeks of no training and a week on the turbo, its time to get out on the bike !

I'm feeling a little apprehensive but I've got to get on with it.























It was a great feeling to back in the saddle. I was only going to get out for a steady 20 or 30 miles. I
rode solo for the first 10 miles, then met up with my training buddies.

I was ok riding, felt very uncomfortable corning for some reason and quite nervous riding on the wheel of someone, but I knew I had to carry on and get through it. The guys were great, loads of encouragement & checking I was feeling ok. Pace was good, cafe stop was great, started feeling more confident so I went a bit further, what the hell. Clocked up a very respectible 100km ride, I was quite a happy chap that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment