Tuesday 18 March 2014

I believe

I do believe the "motivation" question that has plagued me for the last few weeks has been answered!

Not only was last week my biggest training week of the year, but I did it all in the last 4 days of the week, the mojo yoyo is no more, and I'm feeling strong.

I finished off the week on Sunday with solo 100 mile ride, my first century ride of the year and felt really good all the way. The weather was ok, very windy but the sun was out and maintained an average speed of 18mph, happy with that considering I've not ridden as much so far this year compared to 2 years ago.

 
So taking Monday off as a rest day, ready to start again Tuesday and put in a bigger week, same plan around swimming on Thursday & Friday, a couple of decent bikes Saturday & Sunday, a long run Thursday evening with a few shorter ones in on the other days, really looking forward to it.

So 73 days till the Triple, feeling positive & strong, yes ideally I'd like to be doing a few more hours a week in the pool & on the bike, that will happen over these next few weeks. I do need to look after this old body of mine and build slowly for the best results, maybe I will get to race day and find I haven't put enough hours in training, maybe not, but one thing I do know, and know from experience in the Double Iron, on the day it doesn't matter how much training you've put in, its all in the head, be strong in mind, push the pain and tiredness, believe in yourself and your team .....

.... and hell yeah, I BELIEVE !!

No comments:

Post a Comment