Sunday 24 June 2012

update - 24th June

Just thought I'd write a quick update following all the excitement of Double Iron weekend, I must add I'm still over whelmed by all the comments and handshakes from everyone. Already thinking of next year and what to go for, would love to do another Enduroman race, I know what distance I want to do, but keeping it to myself for now, let's see how the rest of the year goes and plan it all out over winter.

Just entered Bedford Classic Triathlon, which is a qualifier for the European Triathlon Championships in Turkey next June, also entered the British Quadrathlon Championships (http://www.lincsquad.co.uk/events/brigg-bomber/)  and a great sprint quadrathlon at Boxend Park, Bedford (www.quadracracing.co.uk).

I've decided to withdraw from Hell on the Humber (a 12 hour endurance run across the Humber Bridge) after IM Austria I want to move away from long distance stuff for the rest of the season, 1) because I want a change, the training hours are long and I want to get some speed back, 2) I've just started a new job and training time will be tight 3) it's very close to the Club Relays and as team captain I want to be in the very best (and fastest) shape I can possibly be (we have a few targets on our backs this year!)

So I've just been ticking over in training for the last couple of weeks, I basically had a whole week off, no training after the double, my whole body needed the rest, it's took a little time to get my training mojo back but ..... its back now.

Did the club 10 mile TT last week to see where I was at speed wise (I did the first TT of the season back in April, before going out to Israel for the European Championships just to test the TT bike out, it was a very wet evening and I took it steady on too many corners, was 1 minute off my PB then) I felt good at the start line and confident that I would beat last season's PB. The weather was great,a bit of a side wind, but good conditions. I beat last year's PB by 11 seconds & clocked a 22:15 and 3rd place, ...... quite pleased with that, wait till I get my fast legs back !!

Nice 35 miles on the bike yesterday, good pace until I came across a strava segment on my way home with a tailwind, just had to go for it, a lungbusting 3 miles but took the KOM (for now anyway, I'm sure someone will take the section on soon).

Planning to run the 8 mile to the leisure centre tonight for an hours swim session, if its not too dark will no doubt run back as well, I love it when my mojo's back.

That's enough for now, next update will be Ironman Austria in a few days, should PB, by how much?, who knows, but I'm going to get through a few gorilla's ...... promise ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment